2010年3月5日 星期五

Thanks to Youtube

Hello, everyone~~

Nice to see you again.

I am going to change my topic for this semester's blog writing.

I had philosophy as my topic in last semester.

It was a challenged try at first, and grew to a mission impossible for me to hand in the homework on time.

After reviewing the reasons of my failure, I think my postponement is because reading philosophy require patience and time for thinking of the logic of the theory, which I had constantly lost while school life got busy.

Therefore, I decide to choose something less serious that enable some entertainment when doing homework.

And I choose music video as my new subject.

That's the reason for the title of this article:

We now can easily find almost any MV we want and watch them without waiting for downloading, that is the dedication of Youtube.

Before Youtube become so heat on the internet, we usually listened to the radio or CD when we felt like listening music.

Or we sticked to the TV and watched V power or MTV channel, waiting for the turn of our favorite songs.

Although I kind of miss the time we were still doing these old habits, I enjoy the new convenience a lot.

I love using Youtube to find the music videos of popular old bands, the songs i heard at random, and some funny short films from different spots of the world.

Now that's enough praise to Youtube, let's see the MV I'd like share with you today.

My plan is to share some of my favorite MVs, explaining how do they interest me, and also talk a little bit about the band or the singer's background.

The song for this week is " Going Under " by Evanescence.




Evanescence is a an american rock band, and the style of their music is mostly termed to be gothic or metal.

"Going Under" is from the band's first album" Fallen", released in 2003.
I've listened to this album several times and can sing along with every single.
Then I became a fan of the band because of the lead singer Amy Lee owns a genius talent for sining.
She sings the deep feeling into the song and make the gloomy lyrics filled with the moaning of agony gentle and powerful.

This scene of the MV is likely set in hell. Except the band's member, all other actors appear in the MV are human like creature that have distorted faces of devil look.
The lead singer Amy Lee is like going to a concert to sing for her hellish fans.
One point I consider interesting is that she looks terrified and unwilling to be pushed onto the stage, but as soon as she holds the mikes she fits into the corrupt ecstasy of the crowd.

In addition, I like the idea that they connect the scene of jumping to the crowd with the scene of sinking into the water.
This design of plot responds to the lyrics:
" I am going under, drowning in you. I am falling forever, I've got to break through..."
Also the scene Amy Lee acts in the water creates a certain dramatic effect that completes the song's tone.
When she's extending her body and waving her limbs in the water, her long dark hair flows like spread black ink used to be painting for wild expression.

The MV is great for its unique plot, which is different from the commonly seen ones that are full of young pretty girls, and its well designed make up and clothing; the hellish fans remind me of the zombies of Resident Evil, and Amy's outfit is so cool and it's said that she made her performance outfits herself.

Hope you like it ~~~ :D

沒有留言:

張貼留言